CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 1, 2008

Mabrys Prayer...

Mabrys prayer 11/30/08
Mabry said prayers last night and it was the sweetest prayer she has said to this day. She did it w/out any help or prompting from mommy or daddy. They were not the words she usually says in her prayers and not the words that she hears us say in our prayers. I was crying when she said Amen…touched on so many levels. It was so good for my soul – Listening to my little girl talk to her Heavenly Father in her own sweet words - Seeing her with folded arms and closed eyes sitting on her princess sleeping bag – Feeling humble and so blessed to have such a pure example to learn from – Knowing that she is learning for herself how prayer will help her.
Mabes – my sweet, darling, sassy pants, yumm-a-licious 5 going on 15 year old… I hope and pray no matter what you choose in life that you know mommy and daddy love you no matter what.

Mabrys Prayer…
Dear Heavenly Father – thank you for my blessings, thank you for letting us go to church – thank you for my teacher, Sister Rhead – help me to be nice to my kindergarten friends – I love Jesus - Amen

Maybe a little too emotional but I had to write it down before I forgot it. One of those Ah-ha moments for me. Gripes...look what you started Melissa. Now I can't even see to type...sniff sniff!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh, that Mabes is such a sweetheart. You know, even though I don't consider myself to be a religious person, I am a spiritual person and that little prayer of Mabes touched my soul. It's truly wonderful that Mabes understands the important things in this life... like being nice to others and being grateful for her blessings. She has exceptional parents as her example.

Wots o wuv, Paris... or am I Nicole?